Pupil Deprivation Grant Summary
The Pupil Deprivation Grant allocated to St Woolos Primary School from September 2014 to July 2015 is £58,752. The number of pupils in receipt of free school meals is around 30%.
The School Effectiveness Grant, Welsh in Education Grant and Pupil Deprivation Grant are regularly scrutinised by the Governing Body, supported by advice from the Education Achievement Service (EAS) and Newport Council.
This year the school will undertake the following activities in order to support pupils facing the challenge of poverty and deprivation:
- A major ICT project with Value Added Education to develop the use of ipads as a means of developing creative writing and responses.
- Course fees and supply for training in:
- ICT (Digital images, imovie, class apps etc.)
- Intervention strategies for ALN and MAT pupils
- Child Protection
- Teaching and Learning feedback
- Music workshops in Taiko Drumming, Foundation Phase Composition and ICT (FEED) with ‘Upbeat Music’
- ‘PlayLearnPlay’ KS2 play-based team-building and pupil leadership sessions with an LNF focus
- ‘milittleipad’ workshops across KS2
- Purchase 30 headphones for iPads
- Purchase lunchtime play equipment
- Lunchtime supervisor training
- Fund TA and teacher staffing for a range of intervention programmes that support Literacy, Numeracy , Communication, Emotional Development and Developmental Co-ordination
- Purchase five iPads
- Purchase class construction equipment
- Subsidise transport for class visits, enrichment activities and sports activities
- Fund staffing for 6 hours weekly to monitor attendance
- Fund 6×2 hr in-school sessions with an Occupational Therapist
- Fund a TA to shadow an Occupational Therapist (6×2 hr sessions)