Child Protection Policy for St Woolos Primary School
This Policy follows the ‘Safeguarding Children in Education Guidance, April 2008’ format.
- The school fully recognises the contribution it makes to Child Protection.
There are three main elements to our policy:-
- Prevention through the teaching and pastoral support offered to pupils;
- Procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases of abuse. Because of our day to day contact with children, school staff are well placed to observe the outward signs of abuse; and
- Support for those pupils who may have been abused.
- This policy applies to all staff and volunteers working in the school and its governors. It is recognised by this school that all staff that come in to contact with children can often be the first point of disclosure for a child. This first point of contact is an important part of the child protection process, and it is essential that all staff are aware of and implement the school’s procedures as noted in this policy.